Dairy Herd Reproductive Management
HerdInsights uses a multi-metric analysis on each individual cow’s behaviour enabling more accurate and timely heat detection.
Fertility is one of the major factors affecting the efficiency of any dairy herd. It can account for one of the major costs of production and also represents an area where significant improvements can be made.
For Further Information Reproduction Management Click On Headings Below
Poor dairy herd fertility is recognised as having many consequences, both direct and indirect. Most importantly:
- Loss of milk production through too many dry days or peak yield traded for later lactation yield
- Disruption to the calving season and milk production pattern
- Loss of mature animal milk yields through early culling
- Extra veterinary costs
- Reduced calf sales
- Additional AI costs
- Enforced culling resulting in more replacements being reared or bought
- Loss of valuable genetics
- Linkage with other problems such as nutritional imbalances and production shortfalls
- Embroy loss detection
- Estrus activity
- Chin resting
The identifying and monitoring of health conditions and diseases at an early stage is an important step as all available evidence shows that health and fertility performance are closely linked. The effects of health problems can persist through the entire lactation and have a profound effect on the animal’s overall fertility and products.
At HerdInsights we monitor both the reproductive and general health of the animal sending an alert directly to the farmers phone when there is a negative variance from the cow’s normal activity.
For Further Information On Health Management Click On Headings Below
Faster Recovery Rates:
- Reduced cull rates
- Reduced veterinary costs
- Reduced usage of antibiotics
- Monitor animal response to determine treatment effectiveness
- Photosensitivity and
Typical Results for HerdInsights
6 Week Submission Rate
Increase In 6 Week In Calf Rate
Reduction In Calving Interval
Return on Investment 16 Months
Not including the following gains:
Health Monitoring • Labour Savings • Time • Quality of Life